Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What's up?

It's been a super busy month and I am seeing myself seek days where I actually have nothing to do. I went from numerous weekends of boredom to packed full weekends of tons of fun stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm having so much fun, I think I'm just tired.  But I 'll sure tell you the truth, it's so worth it. 

Work is going awesome, the magazine will be out in a couple of weeks and tomorrow I should finish up all of my ads then I can wash my hands of the 2008 Experience El Campo Magazine, well besides proofing and endless little picky changes. 

It's Valentines week this week and it seems the town is just buzzing with Cupids doing sweet stuff for their little Valentines. I already ordered Brian's Valentine a few weeks ago. I made custom M&M's for him, they had little messages on them and our picture. They were so cute, unfortunately the FedEx guy delivered them at the exact moment in the afternoon we were both there in a brightly colored M&M box. Well with my horrid lack of patience, I opened them up and gave them to him early. He thought they were cute, but I don't think they had the effect I was looking for. So I was thinking this week, what can I do that is special, (that I don't already do every single day) and will create a lasting memory of how special he is to me. Well I thought of something, and am having it "done." I can't say what it is yet, because he will probably read this before Valentine's day. But I thought it was pretty special and sweet and involved a couple of things he really loves and has a passion for. 

I picked up a few things for the kids, cards, candy, etc. and also got Kate a dozen roses from a fundraiser. I think they will go over good.

Valentine night Brian is playing with Texavia in Houston at a Valentines dance, sounds like fun. Only dreadful thing about it is Kate has cheer competition in San Marcos that next day. It's going to be a early morning for sure.

No comments: